Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Hotel at Mwingi

These are some of the people who went on the trip. Great folks. And that's the van we rode in the whole time.

Ron and Jan Langston are missionaries from Arkansas have lived in Africa about 20 years. They are now living in Kenya and teaching at a seminary. I really enjoyed being around them all week. They amazed me.

This is the beautiful courtyard where we enjoyed the shade from that Kenyan sunshine. We had our debriefing here each day and talked about everything that had happened during the day. Even though Mwingi is in a severe drought, those pink flowers were blooming beautifully in the midst of all the dry ground and withered plants.

This is the hotel at Mwingi. Lori and I stayed in the room on the right and the Langstons on the left.

This is the tiny shower we had to use. I had to get on my knees to wash my hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment