Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow Day

After spending a couple of days gazing out the window at the crisp white flakes blanketing the lawn, I finally ventured out to get some photos of the winter wonderland. The ice and snow made for rough road conditions, but it was a perfect photo opportunity.
Icicles glisten in the sunlight as they hang like jewels from the roof.

The North Face: Snow and ice mixes with green moss on a towering tree in my yard.

Bright berries sit frozen on the branches of this gorgeous crimson tree.

Critters had made their mark in my lawn long before I tromped through it in my snow boots.


1 comment:

  1. I think all of your photos are amazing. I really like the tree picture. And your descriptive captions really put you in the moment. I would venture to suggest you at the word "deadly" before "jewels" in the icicle picture, but that's just me :)

    ReplyDelete