Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Lens + The Hunks I Live With

So my new lens is here!! I had a little fun with it earlier, and I am totally loving the sharpness and the shallow depth of field it offers.

Since I was just hanging out at home with Chad and Rowdy tonight, they were my subjects. I was shooting at f/1.8, so I wasn't sure if I would be able to focus easily on Rowdy's eyes since he didn't want to sit still very long. I thought the pictures ended up turning out quite nicely, though!

My mom has been wanting a picture of her "granddog" to put in a frame, so this is probably going to be the one! He was staring intently at the treat in my hand, and that was the ONLY way I could get him to sit still.

Here is my husband looking handsome as he slaves over a hot stove making dinner. Er, well, he put can of soup on the stove for dinner. Guess he didn't think the popcorn I was eating for dinner was going to satisfy his real-man appetite!

Anyway, I'm thoroughly enjoying my new lens and looking forward to finding more excuses to use it.

On a completely separate note, I am well on my way to making my first real estate sale of the year! I have been working with a really nice young couple looking at houses for a couple of weeks, and we now have an accepted offer on a house. The sale should close in about a month, and I am super excited for them!


No comments:

Post a Comment