Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Loud Shoes + Silent Snow

Another snowy afternoon, another blog post.

The snow began falling late this morning, and the roads quickly went from normal to an icy, slippery mess. And since we southerners (myself included) tend to go a little crazy when we have to drive on snowy roads, I decided to go home and take cover this afternoon. I spent most of my afternoon snuggled up on the sofa under my electric throw blanket with Rowdy watching television with him and Chad. It's been a good day.

I wandered out into my yard this afternoon (armed with a scarf, warm hat and convertible mittens), camera in hand, to capture some of the beauty that God had been sprinkling all over like powdered sugar. Here is what caught my eye.

My yellow boots...my favorite shoes. I fell in love with yellow boots when my friend Brittney got me a pair for Christmas 6 or 7 years ago. I finally wore a hole in one of them, so I got a new pair this past Christmas, and I LOVE them. They are actually Crocs, and they are super lightweight and warm. They make me look forward to rainy and snowy days!


 Snow-covered still-life photos always seem so peaceful. You can almost feel the calm silence just looking at it. In warmer weather, this birdbath will come alive with singing, splashing birds. And this summer, friends will gather in our yard on the 4th of July and play horse shoes. But for now they are still. Silent.

Another peaceful snowy scene. This bench was given to Chad and me as a memorial when his dad passed away in September. 




This is just a fun self-portrait taken while I was freezing my fingers off. My friend Shaun said this picture makes me look like a happy ninja!

Happy snow day!




No comments:

Post a Comment