Saturday, January 22, 2011

iPhone Mobile RSS Reader + Vivian Maier

If you have an iPhone and love to follow blogs, you need this app. It allows you to access your RSS feed simply and easily at any time in the palm of your hand. Quickly move from one post to the next with a swipe across the screen.

Learn all about Mobile RSS Reader here.

This has quickly become the most frequently used app on my iPhone. It's the easiest way to keep up with great photo blogs like Benfield Photography, Jasmine Star Photography and Kendy Schimmel Photography. I'm also totally addicted to Green Wedding Shoes. My sister turned me onto GWS while I was planning my wedding because it is full of unique wedding ideas, but now I follow it to get photography ideas.

While I'm on the topic of blogs, I must mention one my husband introduced me to yesterday.

Vivian Maier (1926-2009) was a nanny in Chicago from the 1950's until the 1990's. People who knew her say she was a very private, yet outspoken person who, on her days off work, would walk the streets of Chicago with a camera in her hand. It wasn't until 2008 that someone ran across boxes of her film and photos at an antique auction and realized they'd discovered one of the greatest street photographers of the twentieth century.

This woman had an amazing talent for capturing light and emotion in such a pure and honest way. There is a certain rawness to her work that you just don't find every day. If you have any interest in great film photography, or just want to be a part of an unraveling mystery, check out the blog: Vivian Maier - Her Discovered Work.

Below is a self portrait of Vivian I found on the blog.


2 comments: